Terms and Conditions
1. CREDIT CARD AND DEPOSITS – A debit/credit card is required to confirm all telephone and online reservations and a valid card must be supplied at check-in for all arrivals. Third party bookings (if your are booking for someone else) – the actual guest staying must give a credit card (or cash security deposit and photographic ID if paying by cash) on arrival. We will pre-authorise your debit / credit card at check-in to cover any damages or losses if they occur. We accept all major credit cards.
Cancellations must be made at least 48 hours prior to the date of arrival. After this period, or in the case of a “no show”, the full amount of the reservation will be charged.
A £1.50 charge will apply for all debit and credit card bookings and is non refundable.
2. CAR PARKING – Free on-street parking and closeby town centre parking is available.
3. PETS – Pets are not permitted at the Hotel.
4. V.A.T. – VAT is included in all prices.
5. ALLOWANCES – No allowances can be made for rooms not being occupied for the full period of the booking or for meals or any other supplements not taken.
6. VALUABLES – The hotel cannot be held responsible for cash or valuables unless they are deposited in the Hotel Reception and a receipt obtained.
7. ARRIVALS AND DEPARTURES – Check-in times are between 15.00 and 22.00 on day of arrival unless otherwise pre-arranged with a member of hotel management in writing. Rooms need to be vacated by 11:00am on the day of departure. Early check-in and late check-out may be arranged at an extra charge of £10. This arrangement can only be made close to the date of the stay and subject to availability.
8. DAMAGES, LOSSES AND NUISANCE – The costs of replacing missing items or repairing any damage caused to the property and its contents by any guests will be chargeable and reimbursed to the Hotel. We have the right to charge either the card used to make the booking or pre-authorised card used at check-in if different, or the cash security deposit if payment made in cash.
The Hotel reserves the right to take action against any guest found to have tampered / interfered with any fire detection equipment throughout the hotel, including detector heads in public areas and bedrooms, break glass points and fire extinguishers. Guests found to have tampered with any fire detection or fire fighting equipment will be charged with any costs incurred by the hotel due to their actions and additionally may be asked to leave the hotel. Depending on the severity of the guest’s actions, the Police may become involved at the hotel’s discretion. Should the fact that fire fighting or detection equipment had been tampered with come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to the guest’s credit / debit card, or send an invoice for the amount.
It is the hotel’s policy that all our guests have the right to be treated with dignity and respect and as a responsible host we believe that we have a duty to our guests to protect them from inappropriate behaviour. Should any actions by a guest be deemed inappropriate by the Duty Manager, or if any inappropriate behaviour is brought to the attention of the Duty Manager, the hotel reserves the right, after any allegations have been investigated, to take action against the guest. Depending on the severity of the guest’s actions, the Police may become involved at the hotel’s discretion, or guests may be asked to leave the hotel.
9. GROUP BOOKINGS – Please inform us before arrival if you are travelling in a group of six of more. We reserve the right to refuse unauthorized groups. Large groups may be required to provide an additional deposit at check-in, returnable on departure if unaffected. Should there be any inappropriate behaviour by the group after check-in we reserve the right to discontinue the reservation without refund.
10. SMOKING – Helix operate a strict no smoking policy throughout the building and bedrooms. If a guest smokes in the hotel a charge of £100 will apply. There is a designated external smoking area at the reception of the hotel for the convenience of guests who smoke.
11. CANCELLATION POLICY – Cancellations must be made at least 48 hours prior to the date of arrival. After this period, or in the case of a “no show”, the full amount of the reservation will be charged. This does not apply under ‘non-refundable’ deals.
12. AGE – Bookings must be made by a person over the age of 18. At least one guest staying in each room must be over 18 years of age. We reserve the right to refuse accommodation without refund when a guest cannot provide proof of age.